The Nigerian movie industry is one of the fastest growing in the world today, they are said to be the third largest after Hollywood and Bollywood.
I have watched some Nigerian films and I have noted some hilarious things when they act hospital scenes:
IT IS ONLY IN NOLLYWOOD THAT:
1.The doctor uses his stethoscope to check for the heartbeat on a patient’s wrist.
2. Blood used for transfusion looks like Ribena, or a local drink called Zobo.
3. Primary school science charts are hung on the wall of a doctor’s consulting room.
4. Bandages are tied like a turban around the head of a patient with a head injury.
5. The patient is in a coma, and is just placed on the bed, no oxygen, nothing. And he recovers.
6. The intensive care unit contains a bed and no machines.
7. The only hospital instruments are the doctor’s stethoscope and the tray the nurse carries.
8. The drip is plastered to the patient’s arm without a cannula.
9. The nurses always run to the doctor’s office with their mouths wide open whenever there is an emergency.
10. The doctor checks the heart beat on the right side of the chest.
11. No matter how big the hospital is, there is always only one doctor on duty who somehow is a specialist in all fields of medicine.
12. Absolutely any material can be used as a hospital curtain.
I believe Nollywood is coming of age but have to do proper research when writing medical scripts.
And by the way, I am available for a small fee, if they need proper consultation when acting medical scenes.
Image courtesy.Follow me